Sunday, October 13, 2013

Walking Dead Nails

Hey there!  A couple weeks ago I did some Breaking Bad nail art and today I'm showing you another try at a TV-inspired manicure.  Tonight is the season premiere of The Walking Dead, another AMC show and I'm pretty much doing the same as I did for the series finale of Breaking Bad...chilling on the couch watching a marathon (my life is thrilling, eh?).


I absolutely loved this zombie nail art from Samariums’s Swatches so I tried to copy them as best as I could.  For the zombie flesh nails I started with 2 coats of OPI My Vampire Is Buff.  Then to make the bruised look, using the corner of a make up sponge, I randomly sponged on OPI Suzi Says Da!, Color Club Muse-ical, Zoya Louise and Flynn.  To add depth and tone it down, I used a coat of OPI Samoan Sand.  It was still too human colored then so I sponged on a bit of Zoya Dove to make it a bit more grey.  And then I mattified it all with Essie Matte About You.  After mattifying them, I added the blood drips using China Glaze Ravishing, Dahling and a dotting tool.  It was pretty fun doing nails this messy!



 The Don’t Open Dead Inside nails were inspired by one of the scenes in episode one where Rick comes across a pair of doors with these words painted on them (you can imagine what’s behind the doors).  These two nails were started with two coats of Zoya Dove then sponged around the outside with Color Club Muse-ical and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out. The words were done using black acrylic paint and a small nail art brush.  And these were also mattified with Essie Matte About You.


I wasn’t sure what to do on my thumb so I added an creepy hand image from Bundle Monster BM-H08 using Konad Black.  I love this image!  I’ll definitely be using it for Halloween this year!  



What do you think?  Will you be watching the season premiere tonight?  

'Til next time...




No comments: