Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Messy Mansion MM22 Halloween Stamping

Hey there!  Today I'm showing you my first Halloween manicure of the year.  I have to say my first because I'm sure I'll be doing many more before the big day.


I started with a base of Serum No. 5 Day Glow, a pale yellow glow-in-the-dark polish.  It is quite sheer so it did take three or four coats but the glow on it is amazing so it's worth the extra coat or two.  To get a strong glow that I could photograph I did have to "charge" it directly under a light for about 30 seconds.  And who knew taking GITD pictures was so challenging?!  Strangely my phone did a better job of it than my expensive camera...



 For stamping I used Messy Mansion's Halloween plate, MM22.  How cute are those skulls!  This is my first time using a Messy Mansion plate and I have no complaints.  As a bonus, shipping was only $2.50 and took less than two weeks, all the way from Australia to Canada.


You can see a bit at the bottom of the Trick or Treat image is missing but that was my fault.  I've been stamping for about a year but it's still rare for me to get perfect transfer *sad face*...


I have to say I loved how these turned out, even with the stamping mistake.  Who doesn't love glow-in-the-dark polish?!  It's going to be hard to resist using it for all my Halloween mani's this year.  

'Til next time...







No comments: