Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Leaves Jelly Stampwich

Hey there!  Since tonight was my last night of ultimate frisbee fall league, I thought I would show you the manicure I'm wearing right now which I've oh-so-creatively called "Fall Leaves".  Behold, my first jelly stampwich!




A couple weeks ago I saw this tutorial from Adventures in Acetone using a jelly polish and it inspired me to buy a few new jellies.  I had a couple but I could never seem to find a use for them.  I don't do a lot of glitter sandwiches so they have pretty much just sat in their drawers collecting dust.  Well be prepared!  I have discovered stampwiches!  

I took some time to do this time.  I started with 2 coats of Nfu Oh JS39, a caramel colored jelly.  After it dried, I randomly stamped from leaves from Bundle Monster's BM04 and BM-H11 using Konad White.  After the stamping dried, I layered another coat of Nfu Oh JS39 and stamped again.  Overall, there were 3 layers of stamping and 5 coats of polish.  But don't worry, it's not thick because the jelly polish is thin.  I did 3 layers of stamping to really get the depth I wanted.  








I could have done this using different colored leaves but my city (Edmonton) turns completely yellow in the fall.  Luckily Konad White is the perfect shade of yellow under JS39.  Unfortunately yellow is probably my least favorite color in the rainbow but I'm trying to embrace it here.  I think I've created a pretty good leaf pile here.  What do you think?

FYI, I purchased Nfu Oh JS39 from Nail Polish Canada.  And it's on sale right now!

'Til next time...

  

No comments: