Thursday, October 10, 2013

Picture Polish Imperial

Hey there!  Tonight I'm showing you a GORGEOUS new collaboration shade from Picture Polish that I bought the second that it was available.  This is Imperial.  Created with The Swatchaholic, Imperial is a rich, neon-ish purple with tiny gold hex glitter and subtle holo particles.

Before the pictures I must start with an apology.  I apologize for the fact that my hands look like crazy neon jaundice oranges in this post.  Usually I don't have to do any color correction for my photos but The Swatchaholic is correct in her post saying this beautiful polish is a pain to photograph.  In all the pictures I took (and there were a lot) Imperial photographed more blue than it was.  It really is just purple.  So I color-corrected the polish and just accepted that it made my hands look like this.  So hopefully you can ignore the skin color because I think I did a pretty good job at getting the color of the polish accurate here.



Other than being camera shy, Imperial was a divine polish to work with.  This is two coats plus top coat.  I didn't really pick up the holo particles like I can in some Picture Polish shades.  I think Imperial is so pigmented that it masks some of its more subtle aspects a little.


Even though Imperial is fabulous on its own, because of its royal name I wanted to give her a crown.  I taped off the tips into a triangle and painted a quick coat of China Glaze Passion.  Then I used a black striping polish to outline the triangles and added a purple rhinestone from the Born Pretty Store.





What do you think of how it turned out?  It reminded me of Aladdin or something and I am a-okay with that.  Aladdin was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up :-)

'Til next time...


No comments: