Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween(ish) Nimbus Nail Art

Hey there!  Yikes, I've been AWOL for days!  I had a terrible report to do for work but it's all submitted now so I'm feeling very free.  Of course, work can't get in the way of nail polish, haha!

On Friday Sammy from The Nailasaurus posted a tutorial on how to do some beautiful and easy nail art that she has coined "Nimbus" (a synonym for halo).  I knew I wanted to try it with some halloween colors to keep with the season but it ended up looking a little more spring-like.


I started with a white base as she suggested and then, using a Q-tip, dotted on Sally Hansen Lightning  (yellow) and Sun Kissed (orange) and Pure Ice Super Star! (white) that were thinned with acetone.  I originally tried with black as well but that just didn't look right with the lighter colors so it had to go. The last step, according to Sammy, is to blot on a layer of the lightest color but instead I used a coat of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu, a sheer white.  And then, of course, finished it all with top coat.



After it was all done, the Halloween aspect was completely lost.  I tried to save it by mattifying it with Essie Matte About You and stamping on the skeleton from the Winstonia W116 plate using Konad black.  It didn't quite work, did it?  On the plus side, these skeletons are damn cute!  


That's all I have to say for today.  

'Til next time...






No comments: