Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving Nails (Stamper Decals)

Hey there!  Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!  My family had their dinner on Saturday and here is the manicure I wore for it.


If you want to read how I did them, read on.  But be warned, it's not a short description...

I started with 2 coats of Picture Polish Voodoo, , a shimmery, vampy red/brown.

Picture Polish Voodoo


On my thumb, index and pinky, I added a coat of Chaos and Crocodiles Fireside Nights (I crazy stalked this polish – I’m going to have to do a post on it soon).  On my middle and ring fingers I sponged on some Pretty Serious Seasonal Sunset, a rusty orange glitter and Esmaltes da Kelly Loosho, a gold glitter.  I think leaving it like this would have made a great autumn manicure.   


There's a lot of great Thanksgiving stamping images out there but I wanted to fill them with color so I tried my hand at making decals by stamping on a Ziploc baggie and filling in the blank spots with polish and covering with topcoat.  Once dry you can pry them off the baggie and place them on the nail (with wet top coat).  There's lots of great tutorials for this online.


For the images I used Bundle Monster BM-210 (feathers)  BM-H11 (pumpkin, leaves) and  Winstonia W119 (turkey) and Zoya Pepper (dark red), Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightning (yellow), Pretty Serious Generally Hazardous (orange) and Zoya Holly (green).  This is a neat technique.  I wish I had picked a lighter base color so you could see more detail from my “decals”.  You can see I streaked the pumpkin a little.  I guess I was impatient.


Pretty neat technique, eh?  

That's all for now.  'Til next time...





No comments: