Friday, October 4, 2013

A England Sleeping Palace & Princess Tears gradient

Hey there!  Last night I told you I was going to show you how great A England's Sleeping Palace and Princess Tears look together so here you go!  With some stamping for a bonus!






I don't think I've shown a gradient on the blog yet.  I love gradients.  I get to wear two colors at once and it's a technique that I can get a lot of comments on when I wear it (that sounds attention-seeking, doesn't it?).  On the off chance that you don't know how a gradient is done, there a couple different techniques.  I tend to paint wide stripes of the colors on a make up sponge and then pat in on your nail, moving it back and forth a little to blend the middle.


 I really liked how the gradient looked on its own but I received my new Bundle Monster plates yesterday and I wanted to play.  For the stamping I used Essie Nothing Else Metals and BM-406.  I did the stamping REALLY quickly so it's not a fantastic stamping job.  I smooshed the stamping on the middle finger particularly (all my fault, the plates were great).


'Til next time...



No comments: