Saturday, October 12, 2013

A England Autumn Trees

Hey there!  Today my obsession with A England polishes continues.  In Edmonton last week our skies were all grey which is very unusual (Edmonton generally has ridiculously blue skies) and I wanted to do a fall manicure with a grey background.

To do this I used all A England polishes.  I started with a base of Fated Prince, a charcoal grey.  Then I painted on some tree trunks using Briarwood (brown) and a nail art brush.  For the tree tops I sponged on a bit of Rose Bower (red) and Holy Grail, the original version (gold).  Lastly I sponged on a bit of Princess Sabra to try to emulate the dying grass here.







Honestly I didn't love how this turned out.  I think Fated Prince was just too dark of a color to use as a base.  But it is an awesome color on it's own.  Take a look...


 Like the rest of the Burne-Jones Dream collection, Fated Prince had a buttery formula and a scattered holo effect.


Well that's all for now.  It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and my family is having dinner today.  I should probably get out to my parents' house so I can help (as much as someone who is as culinarily-impaired as I am can help).  Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

'Til next time...


No comments: