Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cirque Kaleidoscope & Magic Hour

Hey there!  Tonight I have two amazing glitter toppers to show.  Both of these are from Cirque's Arcus collection.  Altogether this collection had six glitter toppers but tonight I'm only showing you my faves.

Kaleidoscope is a mix of all shapes, sizes and colors of matte glitter in a clear base.  This was the first glitter I saw of this kind and I love it.  I was going to list the colors you can see in here but it really is every color.  It's so neat.  It's pretty much a party in a bottle.  It's an attention-grabber, for sure.  Here I'm showing it over one (yes, one!) coat of A England's Camelot, a buttery black creme polish.
Cirque Kaleidoscope 
There is a trick to these glitter toppers.  I find I have to use the dabbing method to get them on.  When I try to apply them like normal polish I get a lot of glitters towards the ends of the nails.  This is one coat plus top coat.



Magic Hour is equally unique but very different from Kaleidoscope.  Magic Hour is full of iridescent glitter in a clear base that looks almost clear on their own but come to life when layered over a dark color.

Cirque Magic Hour

As you can see, over a dark color (again, a coat of Camelot), there's a whole rainbow of shiny colors.  I can't even explain how cool this one is.  The suspension base with this one is pretty thick so the dabbing method is a must here.  This is also one coat plus top coat.


I adore these glitters.  I saw a press release for Cirque's next collection today and I can't wait to pick up more of her polishes.  Some of these indie polish makers are magicians in my mind and she is no exception.  

I purchased Kaleidoscope from Harlow & Co. and Magic Hour from Nail Polish Canada.

'Til next time...


  

No comments: