Friday, October 19, 2018

Nail Crazies Unite - Ghost & Matte

Hey there!  This week's Nail Crazies Unite prompt is Ghost & Matte which is great because I haven't really posted any Halloween nails yet this year.  I do love Halloween but just haven't had time to play.  Now that it's less than 2 weeks from the day though, I should really start wearing Halloween designs to work.  At least I did these guys ahead of time so I could participate in the challenge this week.



To start I used a black base (Essence Black Is Back) and since I do love me some matte flakies, I added Color Club Snow-Flakes over it.  Since there's orange and yellow in the flakies' shift, I thought it'd be a good Halloween base.  


For the ghost-y part of it, I used Mundo de Unas White and UberChic Beauty's Halloween 03 stamping plate.  All these ghosts are originally part of one full-nail image so I needed to isolate them.  I realized that the Bling Pickup and Placement tool from UberChic (reviewed here earlier this week) was amazing for picking up the extra stamping that I didn't want to include on the nail (rather than using tape which would've been difficult since these ghosts are all really close on the original image).  


I then filled in the adorable little guys with a homemade sheer white (really just white polish mixed with a clear polish) to make them a bit opaque but still transparent.  And then, since it was a matte challenge after all , I finished with Glisten & Glow matte top coat.  


So if you guys don't see me post any other Halloween nails next week, shoot me a message to kick me in the butt.  I have so many Halloween plates that will otherwise just go to waste for another year and we can't have that!

'Til next time...

No comments: