Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does TV Shows - Atlanta

Hey there!  For my third Digit-al Dozen TV Shows mani I wanted to do a mani for what I think is the best show on TV...Atlanta!  Unfortunately, I couldn't think of a decent way to turn this show into nail art.  I ended up trying to use the first season's poster as my basis but I don't exactly feel like it screams Atlanta.  I'll include a picture of the poster so you could at least see my inspiration.  And then you should go watch the show.   Don't let my crappy attempt at freehand peaches turn you off of one of the best shows ever.



So here's the poster.  I don't have the skills (or desire) to paint Donald Glover, Lakeith Stanfield and Brian Tyree Henry so I tried my best at the background and the peaches.  


I used all Moonflower Polishes and freehand for this.  The base color is Cavernas del Rio Camay.  I  just got my Polish Pickup order with Don't Read The Latin last night.  I wish I would've had it on Saturday when I did these.  I think it would've made a nicer base color.  


For everything else, I used a mix of Dia, Amarillo, Anaranjado, Rojo, Verde, Gris, Marron and Dark Green.  I hope they at least look a bit like peaches, not just orange bums!  


To finish these, I used a couple coats of Vibrant Vinyls top coat.  It took a couple since those peaches had so many layers of polish in them, they were pretty thick and needed to be smoothed out.  


Now go check out what TV Shows the rest of the ladies have done for us today.  Then go find some way to watch Atlanta.  I can't even explain what it's about but it's my most looked forward to show.  One episode (B.A.N.) is the most brilliant episode ever and another (The Club) has one split second that was the hardest I've ever laughed at a show.  

'Til next time...

No comments: