Friday, October 12, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does TV Shows - Claws

Hey there!  For my final TV show inspired mani for this month's Digit-al Dozen theme, I did two designs for the same show.  The show is Claws.  It's a drama revolving around manicurists who get involved in the world of organized crime.  I like it.  It's not the best show on TV but holy, there are some flashy nails in that show!  I did my best to recreate two of them.


Since the show isn't actually about nails it's hard to really see what everyone is wearing in great detail.  Luckily I found this article that talks about the nails on the shows that also has some photos of sets they've done for the show.  The first one to grab my eye was the one that looked like foils.  I haven't used my foils in awhile so this was a good chance.


I just used a black base and let that dry and then applied some foil glue.  When that was tacky, I just dabbed on a bunch of coloured foils I had and then topped them with OPI matte top coat.  



My second Claws-inspired mani was a bit more detailed, with a gradient, stamping and striping!


For these I used OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? and She's a Bad Muffuletta! either alone or gradiented together.  Plus I needed a glitter nail.  For that one I used OPI My Favourite Ornament.  


Over the gradient, I stamped an image from MoYou London Holy Shapes 03 stamped with Essie Good As Gold.  I then went over one of those lines (and extended them) with a striping brush and My Favorite Ornament before topping them with Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard top coat.  


There you have it.  My final Digit-al Dozen post for the month.  You can find everyone else's Day 5 posts in the links below.  Wasn't this a fun week?!  

'Til next time...

No comments: