Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Uneven Striped Summer Nails

Hey there!  We're in the last half of August but I'm certainly not letting go of summer yet, as evidenced by this striping mani I wore recently that definitely has a summer feel to it.  Stripes are my favourite pattern (I'm a simple girl) and my bedroom is decorated in mostly beige and turquoise stripes.  Because of that, when I received my latest Vinyl Boutique order of nail vinyls including these uneven line stencils, I knew exactly what my first color choices would be.  I'm sure it won't be the last time you'll see these uneven lines on my blog though since I ordered 3 sheets of them!  



I grabbed up these vinyls as soon as I saw them.  I love mani's with uneven spacing of lines but don't actually have the patience to do them myself so these vinyls are such a good idea.  You don't have to place individual pieces of striping tape yourself and somehow keep them straight (something I always struggle with).  


To use them I started with a white base of Rica Whiteout and, once that was dry, applied the stencil and painted some areas in beige (China Glaze What's She Dune?) and some turquoise (China Glaze Capacity to See Beyond).  I finished with a two coats of HK Girl to smooth out the ridges.  



I really enjoyed wearing these and I got a lot of compliments on them.  I guess I'm not the only one who loves a summery striped look.

'Til next time...

No comments: