Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Stamping - Inspirational Word Nails

Hey there!  Today's Sunday Stamping challenge of Inspirational Word Nails couldn't come at a more appropriate time for me.  My Uncle Dennis was diagnosed with esophageal cancer two years ago.  Since then he has undergone surgery and chemo and suffered two heart attacks.  Unfortunately a couple of months ago it was discovered that the cancer is back, has metastasized and is now incurable.  But he's going to fight to stay around as long as possible.  He is the sweetest man - he will do anything for someone who needs help.  It feels silly to just do my nails in honour of him but I guess I did it anyways.



For today's nails I used ILNP Mega (X), the latest in their line of silver holographics.  It is eye-searingly holo but it doesn't looks nearly as sparkly as it does in real life since my photos are taken indoors. I used three coats here.


I think stamped the awareness ribbons from Born Pretty Store BP-26.  The color of Stomach and Esophageal Cancer is periwinkle.  I don't know if I have a true periwinkle stamping polish so I used Mundo de Unas Lavender (#49) which is close.


For my inspirational words, I picked "Warrior" from UberChic Beauty 2-02  and "be Strong" from 3-03.  Uncle Dennis truly is a warrior.  I hope he keeps his spirit strong as long as possible.  


I wouldn't normally ask anything like this on my blog but unfortunately my uncle and his family are having a tough time financially so my cousin has set up a GoFundMe page.  If you have a couple of spare dollars, I know they'd really appreciate it.  

Love you Uncle Dennis!  



'Til next time...

No comments: