Wednesday, August 26, 2015

TV Off Air Nail Art

Hey there!  This week's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge prompt is TV.  I admit that I'm a full blown TV junkie but I couldn't think of any individual TV shows to use as inspiration for today's post.  So, because it's summer and TV programming isn't so great at this time of year, I thought I'd do a TV mani that will definitely date me....an off air screen and a static-y TV.  I grew up on an acreage where we couldn't get cable so I only had 3 channels (yikes!) so if you flipped to any channel that we didn't have, you were accosted by static.  And back then, late at night, you'd frequently get the off air screen.  Good thing I was little and wasn't trying to watch TV in the middle of the night like I do now.



I don't know if everyone knows what a TV off air screen looks like since you never see them anymore so I thought I should post a pic of one.  

image source 

For these I started with a white base of KBShimmer Eyes White Open and then taped off my lines with straight Nail Vinyls and went to town with the following colors:

China Glaze Happy Go Lucky (yellow)
China Glaze Capacity to See Beyong (aqua)
China Glaze With Love (red)
Island Girl Aloha Color (green)
Zoya Audrina (purple)
KBShimmer Low and Be Bold (blue)
A England Camelot (black)


Then, to make sure I fit with the TV theme, I made a stamping decal with Vivid Lacquer VL004 and Mundo de Unas Black.  I filled the decal with messy white dots and A England Fated Prince to look like TV static (another thing you don't see very often anymore).  As usual I sealed everything in with HK Girl top coat.  


'Til next time...



No comments: