Monday, August 10, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Food - Day 1 Old Dutch Potato Chips

Hey there!  After yesterday's more sombre post, today I'm back with the start of this month's Digit-al Dozen week.  This month we're doing Food and Snacks.  This week you're going to see what my friends already know - I'm a terrible eater.  Today's post is all about my all time favourite junk food - Old Dutch Baked Salt n Vinegar chips.  I like to justify them by telling myself they're baked so they're less bad for me.  But honestly, when I put down an entire big bag of chips in a sitting, more than once a week, even I can't lie to myself that much, haha!




Most of you might not be aware of the Old Dutch brand.  It's popular here in Canada but I've never managed to find it on my trips to the US (though Wikipedia does tell me it originated in America).  You're going to have to trust me when I say Old Dutch makes the best Salt 'n Vinegar chips ever.  I used to be addicted to their regular S & V, then I moved onto a sub-brand of theirs called "Rave" in the early 2000's (they were extra salty and extra vinegar-y and if I ate too many all the skin would peel from the inside of my mouth - it was disgusting but so worth it).  Sadly they stopped making Rave.  Luckily a few years ago they started with the baked ones and they're almost as good.


There's not much to say about how I did these.  I used a base of OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls and then freehanded the rest of it with acrylic paint (and China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise for the Salt n Vinegar stripe).  I finished them with OPI's matte top coat.  


In case any of you want to see what the actual logo looks like, here's one (of many) bags of chips I have emptied over the years.  I'm definitely part potato by now.


Don't forget to check out what the other Digit-al Dozen lovelies have brought us today with the links below.

'Til next time...


No comments: