Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tie Dye Nails With Stamping

Hey there!  This week's Crumpet's Nail Tarts prompts were "Tie-Dye" and "Fugly".  I wanted to do a neon tie dye look without any fugly colors so I made mine into a cute tie dye mani.  The tie dye part was challenging and didn't come out like traditional tie dye, as you'll see before, so I jazzed it up with a few symbols of the 60's with the stamping.  Then I thought it was pretty adorable.



So here's the tie dye before the stamping.  I used a white base (Island Girl Pineapple Planation) and then, with a small nail art brush, painted on the colors that were thinned out with acetone.  The colors I used were all of the pipe dream polish ANIVC collection (except for All In).  My tie dye looks more like a psychdelic centripede running in circles.


So then I stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and the peace sign from Mash-37 and the smiley face from Mash-31.  And finished with HK Girl.



I hope these fit well enough with the theme because I thought they were pretty darn adorable.  

'Til next time...










No comments: