Monday, August 17, 2015

Pale Pink Tweed Nail Stamping

Hey there!  Well I'm back from my week off work and back to not having scheduled posts starting with this one.  This week's Crumpet's Nail Tarts 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge prompts were pale pink and tweed.  I definitely knew I couldn't freehand a decent tweed pattern but I can stamp so that's what I did!



The pale pink I used is my favourite pink polish - OPI's Mod About You.  I used two coats for the base here.  


For the stamping, I was lucky enough to see this double stamping post by Valiantly Varnished which had the most awesome tweed stamping.  So I bought the same plate (Bundle Monster BM-706...thank goodness Bundle Monster plates are really inexpensive) and also did some double stamping.  


For the stamping I first used Mundo de Unas Light Gray (#33) followed by White.  Then I finished with OPI's matte top coat to complete my tweed look.  


If anyone else knows of another way to get a tweed nail look, I'd love to hear about it!

'Til next time...

No comments: