Thursday, April 5, 2018

Lesly Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I have a big stamping post today with a new-to-me brand.  This is pretty much a summary of most of the stamping manis I've worn over the last while.  About 3 weeks ago I received a package from Russia (I love getting packages from the other side of the world) with a selection of plates from Lesly Plates.  I've seen some lovely designs on Instagram using these plates so I was happy to get to try them myself.  Keep reading for all the details about these stamping plates.

One of my favourite things about these plates is just how classic they are.  With stamping being a pretty popular form of nail art, plates have gotten pretty complex.  Sometimes it feels like the plates are designed to only be used with advanced techniques, like reverse stamping or decals.  I didn't feel the need to do that with any of these images.  They're nice all on their own.  And the quality was great.  I didn't have any issues with any of the polishes or stampers I used.  The black and white stamping looks fuzzy but I think that's because I had a gel base on and it's not always great quality when I stamp on gel.  The plates themselves range in size from 5 x 6 cm to 9.5 x 14.5 cm but the full nail images are consistently 15 x 20 mm.  It's also been fun using Google Translate on the website so I could figure out how folks can buy them for themselves.  I believe my links to the plates are through Google Translate but, if you can read Russian, feel free to find them all here.  


7 x 8 cm



Base: Esmaltes da Kelly Caraanguejo and Haltere

Stamping polish: Esmaltes da Kelly Dolly
Top coat: HK Girl


7 x 8 cm



Base: OPI Push and Shove
Stamping Polish: Mundo de Unas Black
Other: Leadlighting with OPI Color Paints (Magenta Muse, Landscape Artist, Chromatic Orange, Primarily Yellow and Purple Perspective)

Top coat: HK Girl


9.5 x 14.5 cm



Base:  Moonflower Polish Dia, Verde and Dark Green
Stamping Polish:  Moonflower Polish Bronze
Top coat: Tonic Polish top coat



Base: Emily de Molly Sugar Coated Memories (a February PPU polish)

Stamping Polish: Mundo de Unas Black
Top coat:  Tonic Polish top coat


8 x 12 cm



Base:  Pretty Serious Pet Names 
(Cutie Patootie, Bunny Foo Foo, Peachie Poo, Little Duckling, Doodle Bug and Fluffykins)

Stamping Polish:  Mundo de Unas Dark Grey
Top coat: Glisten & Glow matte top coat



Base: Picture Polish Spring
Stamping Polish: Mundo de Unas Spring Green and Painted Polish Midnight Mischief
Top coat: HK Girl


5 x 6 cm



Base:  ILNP Sugar Coated or Madam Glam Perfect Black and Perfect White
Stamping Polish: Hit The Bottle Snowed In and As Black As Night 
Top coat:  HK Girl


5 x 6 cm



Base:  KBShimmer Solar Flair 
(review coming soon...as soon as I get through my 600 photos.  Literally.)
Stamping Polish: Maybelline Bold Gold
Top coat: HK Girl


5 x 6 cm



Base: Zoya Belinda with Whats Up Nails Mystery Flakies
Stamping Polish: Mundo de Unas White
Top coat: HK Girl


Overall, I was very happy with this brand.  For us international folk, ordering appear to be done by email (instructions are translated here).  If that's not something you're comfortable with, there are reputable stockists in both the USA and Europe which are linked below.  


approx. $2-15 USD (110-850 rubles)
Available from Lesly Plates

'Til next time...


No comments: