Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Indie Love - KBShimmer and Lina Nail Art Supplies

Hey there!  It's the second day of The Digit-al Dozen's Indie Love week and today I'm here with another couple brands that I adore.  KBShimmer has to be the indie brand that I own the most of.  I look forward to her collections more than all others partly because her polishes work so well for nail art.  I love indie brands but I don't see a lot of them putting out many cremes anymore and I'm someone who needs a good set of cremes for my nail art, especially opaque ones like KBShimmer puts out.  But it's not just the cremes I love.  She also comes up with amazing unique finishes like the Holo Glow's that she came out with last year, one of which I'm using today.  For the stamping brand today I used Lina Nail Art Supplies.  Her brand started about a year and a half ago and seemed to be immediately popular, rightfully so.  I've gotten to review a number of her plates (and have purchased more on top of those) and they're always really creative which puts her amongst my favourite stamping brands.



The base polish here is KBShimmer I'm Onyx.  I believe it was in the summer collection last year beside a bunch of brightly coloured polishes.  It looked a bit out of place but it felt like a night sky which is certainly a summer thing for me.  I was actually thinking of the northern lights (which I look for every night at the cabin so I added a bit of green (Colors by Llarowe Alternate Universe) before the stamping.  


The tree stamping is an awesome layered image from Lina Nail Art Supplies Winter 02.  I used Mundo de Unas Light Grey, Dark Grey and Black before finishing with KBShimmer Oh Matte!



That's all for Day 2.  I hope you like my winter-y indie-themed nails which make me think of summer!  For more indie manis, check out the rest of the DD in the links below.  

'Til next time...

No comments: