Friday, August 17, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Tropical/26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Sunset Silhouette

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Alas, it's the last day of The Digit-al Dozen's Tropical Week.  Of course I couldn't let the week go by without a sunset mani.  It just so happens that 26 Great Nail Art Idea's prompt this week is Silhouette so it was pretty much a match made in heaven.  I took the opportunity to use a few stencils from Whats Up Nails that I used last year but I messed up with.  It's pretty much been haunting me for over a year.



For these I used a few of the Cirque Colors Vice 2018 polishes.  I have a lot of bright polishes so I didn't think I needed these...until I saw some of Katie from Harlow & Co.'s gradients with them on Instagram.  I went and bought them right away.  This gradient is with Hedonist, Boozy Brunch, Retail Therapy and Taboo over white.  



The stencils I used are all from Whats Up Nails.  There's the Profile Stencils, Waves Stencils, Dolphins Stencils and Palm Tree Stencils.  For the black I used A England Camelot.  I finished with Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard top coat. 


I still streaked my stencils a bit and my palm trees needed to be given little islands but overall I'm still much happier with these than last year's version.  


That brings us to the end of Tropical Week.  I think it's been a wonderful week.  The final manis from the rest of the group, as well as other silhouette designs, can all be found in the links below.

'Til next time...






No comments: