Friday, August 31, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - August 2018

Hey there!  It's a bit late on a Friday night but this late night post is for a good reason.  August brought us celebrations for 5 of the Digit-al Dozen ladies' birthdays.  I couldn't believe it when I saw there were 5 birthdays.  There's not that many of us...that's 25%! August has the birthdays of Lothwen, Sarah, Kirsty, Tamara and Michelle.  That means they got to pick a photo for us to translate onto our nails.  They picked a nice one!



Let's start with the inspiration photo for this month.  It's a gorgeous landscape that makes me want to get outside ASAP!


I decided to freehand these with acrylic paint.  I might have tried to find a tidier way to doing it with stamping but 1. freehand is fun once in a while and 2. I had a bunch of paints out because I was trying out acrylic pouring.  That part didn't work out so well but I quite like how the nails turned out.  


I mostly like how the sky and clouds worked.  Last night I was out watching my team's ultimate game  (watching since my ankle is STILL too messed up to play) and the sunset looked a little similar to this.  Unfortunately it was also freezing out (I was wearing a toque and winter coat) but at least we had a pretty sky.  



Have a great long weekend and, if it you're an August baby like the DD girls, I hope you had a good birthday month and a fabulous year ahead!

'Til next time...





No comments: