Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Tropical - Beach Nails

Hey there!  For my second Digit-al Dozen Tropical mani, I went with an old favourite.  I will never ever tire of beach manis and I was pretty happy with how these turned out.  There was so much to it - a gradient, pond-ish stamping, sponging and water decals.  But well worth it since I really enjoyed wearing these.


Really, these started with the Vapicorns group wanted to see and hear about Vapid holiday manis which inspired me to see if I could do one with all Vapids.  My white base wasn't a Vapid (it was KBShimmer Eyes White Open) but the rest was.  I did a gradient of Beach, Please and Surprise, I'm Drunk XXX (those two names kinda go hand-in-hand, don't they?).


I stamped the water with Moyra 27 (Dreamology) with Eyes White Open then sponged on Fish Out Of Water and restamped it.  Then I added dark brown speckles to the sandy bit by sponging on a bit of Cosmic Pearls.  


The finishing touch was the addition of some water decals.  Water decals that I have nooooo idea where I bought them from.  My gut tells me Born Pretty but I really don't know.  After those were on, I topped with Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard top coat.  


I hope you can take the time to see what the rest of the group is doing this week.  The ones I've seen so far have been really great.  They make me want to be back on vacation (even though my cabin time is far more rustic than tropical).

'Til next time...




No comments: