Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Maniology Special FX: To Dye For Stamping Plate Review

Affiliate Code

Hey there!  Today I have another Maniology (previously known as Bundle Monster) stand alone plate to take a look at.  This is the Special FX: To Dye For plate.  This plate has 10 full nail tie-dye designs (hence the name) and an assortment of tinier bohemian images that complement the hippy-like feel of the plate.  I've tried tie dye nail designs a few times (one of which was even taken by someone and made into a painting somehow...she proceeded to block me on Instagram when I asked her about it) and this plate makes it WAY easier than trying to do it by hand.  If you're a free spirit, drawn to tie dye designs, this plate is awesome!


BM-XL456
6 x 12 cm stainless steel plate

Here's a look at all the images available on this plate.  It's etching was great and I had no issues.  Well I did have one issue but it was self-induced.  I did my diagonal gradient in the wrong direction compared to the plate so I have to use the short edge of the images for my length.  Lucky for me, my nails aren't really long so the image was still big enough for me.  



For my firs mani I started with 2 coats KBShimmer Eyes White Open then diluted the colors I used in acetone and applied it in something resembling the same sort of radial pattern.  For polishes, I used KBShimmer Breaking Blues, Pansy-Monium, Hugs & Wishes, Let’s Fang Out and Right As Reign.  I double stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and Essie No Place Like Chrome.  To make it not match exactly, I rotated image 180 degrees between the black and silver.  For top coat I used Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard top coat.




My second mani was the one I messed up the gradient on.  Again, I started with a white base and then did a diagonal gradient with Moonflower Polish Summer Sunset, Sprinkles, Pool Party, Sparkling Waters and Electric Slime before stamping with Mundo de Unas White.  Again, I finished with Vibrant Vinyls top coat.  



If this plate is exciting to you, it (and many, many others) are available now on the Maniology website.  Don't forget to use COPY10 to save yourself 10% on your order!


$5.50 USD/plate

Available at Maniology
Use code COPY10 to save 10% off your order 

'Til next time...

No comments: