Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Kokie Cosmetics Nail Polish Swatches and Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have swatches of some of the wide range of Kokie Cosmetics nail polishes .  For those of you who might not have heard about the brand, it's a brand that emerged a few years ago from the founder of Sinful Colors.  They have an entire range of cosmetics.  I've only tried the nail polish (which is 3-free and cruelty-free) and I've really liked it.  It's sort of proof that, as much as I love indies, a good drugstore brand deserves love too.  I use a lot of cremes in my nail art so I'm happily adding these to my collection.  I'll start with swatches of some of their pastels and then a few others.



The formula on these was really nice.  Some could be one coaters (though I always do two, just to be safe).  The cremes dried quite shiny on their own but my swatches all are all shown with top coat (I need it to dry faster so I can take photos without accidentally bumping my nails on something - which I do ALL the time).


Color: Light pink with peachy tones creme
Application/Formula:  Nice.  No streakiness which can be common in light colors like this. 
Coats: 2
Dries: Shiny
Notes: photographed lighter than real life and gave me dark red skin.  It's pretty but my camera seemed to hate it.   


Color: Lilac purple creme
Application/Formula: Amazing!  Went on like butter.  A single coat was opaque.
Coats: 2
Dries: shiny


Color: Pastel dusty blue creme
Application/Formula:  Another awesome one.  Good at one coat.  
Coats: 2
Dries: shiny


Color: Mint green (with a slight turquoise feel) creme
Application/Formula: Good.  Nice and smooth.  
Coats: 2
Dries: Shiny


Color: Pastel yellow (more pastel in real life) creme
Application/Formula:  thinner but easy
Coats: 3
Dries: shiny


Color: Bright coral, slightly orange-leaning
Application/Formula:  Probably the best of the bunch.  Easy and opaque.
Coats: 2

Dries: shiny


Color: purple mauve creme
Application/Formula:  A bit thinner than other cremes but easily application.  Actually it was a bit easier to control than the others.
Coats: 2
Dries: shiny


Color: light brown, just like a latte 
Application/Formula:  Easy peasy
Coats: 2
Dries: shiny

Color: metallic sapphire blue
Application/Formula:  Easy.  No streaking at all even though it's a metallic (which tend to show brushstrokes)
Coats: 2
Dries: very shiny


Color: dusty rose holographic glitter (topper or on its own)
Application/Formula:  the glitter spread easily which isn't always common
Coats: 1 coat over Bay Breeze, 4 coats on its own
Dries: slight texture so I would suggest top coat



These shades are all available online from the Kokie Cosmetics shop and I see that they're also available in select Rite Aid and Bed, Bath & Beyond stores.  I've never seen them in shops in Canada but I'll be keeping my eyes open next time I'm in Bed, Bath & Beyond.

$6 USD each

'Til next time...


No comments: