Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Tropical - Rainforest

Hey there!  I'm home from vacation and obviously already falling behind on my responsibilities.  It's the first day of our new Digit-al Dozen week (with a fun Tropical theme) and it's not even Monday anymore!  I was late to work, then late to my chiropractor appointment, then late making dinner.  And then I helped my sister pack for her big move.  And now it's 12:30 am and I'm blogging instead of sleeping.  So forgive me for any typos you might see...

Anyway, I decided to start Tropical week with a rainy scene.  I don't know why I'm starting with this instead of sunsets and birds and flowers but it's just speaking to me.  Maybe because I'm in a rainy mood after leaving the lake :-(  Oh maybe it's because I really like this mani which turned out as a mix of stamping with a few freehand touches.



This mani started with a base of Vapid Lacquer Eligos but you really can't see it with all the stuff I put on top of it, starting with lots of leafy stamping from Winstonia W03 with Mundo de Unas Green, Military Green and Lemon Tree.


To turn that regular forest into a rainforest, I stamped raindrops from Kelly Negri KN2.  I didn't actually write down the polish I used but it looks like Mundo de Unas Sky Blue.  Then I wanted to freehand in a bit of dimension with White and Dark Blue.


I topped it with Glisten & Glow matte top coat.  Initially I went back over the raindrops with thick, glossy top coat but the effect was lost so no one needs to see that mess!  But I do indeed love these raindrops...


That's all for today!  Hopefully I'll be more punctual tomorrow.  Since, in reality, I'll probably be late, you can spend that time checking out how the other ladies are starting Tropical Week in the links below!

'Til next time...




No comments: