Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does In My Garden - Tulips

Hey there!  It's the second day of The Digit-al Dozen's In My Garden week and I'm again drawing inspiration from my mom's garden.  For as long as I remember, my mom has planted tulip bulbs in the fall.  Sometimes just a few, sometimes lots.  But around our yard they were always the first sign of spring which probably explains why they're one of my favourite flowers.



I love this In My Garden week since it gave me an excuse to use the tulip image from Whats Up Nails B017.  I reviewed this plate previously (which can be found here) and was really tempted to use the tulips but decided to save it until I could give the image my full attention.  I'm not even joking.  I was in a rush to use the Spring Elation plate back in April and I knew I wanted to do something better with it.  


I used Picture Polish Sky as my base.  I don't know why it photographed so green here.  It's much more of a pastel blue in real life.  Then I did reverse stamping with Mundo de Unas Black, filled the leaves with Picture Polish Honey Dew and Marine and then filled the flowers with Flirt, Gelato and Dream by picking up more than one polish at once.  I think it turned out quite pretty.  I finished with with Glisten & Glow top coat.  



Does anyone else have a flower that reminds them of spring?  Or any other season?  My other favourites are lilacs.  I love how our city smells of lilacs right now.  It's lovely!

'Til next time...







No comments: