Monday, June 11, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does In My Garden - Carrots

Hey there!  It's time for a new Digit-al Dozen week...hooray!  This month our theme is "In My Garden" but since I live in an apartment, I certainly don't have a garden.  Fear not, I grew up on an acreage in the country where we had a big garden.  My mom has recently taken up gardening again (and I luckily get to reap the rewards) so I used my parents' yard as inspiration for some of these this week...and some I just made up!  My first mani was actually done ages ago for one of the days I was helping out a local farmer sell carrots at the farmer's market.  If you have a farmer's market in your area, I highly suggest supporting them.  You get to buy local AND the food is way better than I've ever found in grocery stores.  I've become a big produce snob after discovering how delicious it is!  I honestly always have a bag of these carrots in my fridge.  I think I'll cook some tonight for dinner...



To do these I used 2 or 3 coats of Dance Legend 306 or 2 coats of Madam Glam Forbidden Mini Ski for a base.  I'm not a big orange fan but there really ought to be more orange cremes for nail art! 


The adorable veggies were a stamping image from Bundle Monster BM-XL322.  I did reverse stamping with them with Mundo de Unas Black, Reddish, Green and Dance Legend 306.  I know there's tomatoes in here too, not just carrots but I just don't get how anyone can eat raw tomatoes.  Yes, I'm aware I'm the outlier when it comes to tomatoes...


I finished these with KBShimmer Clear On Top and was good to go for a day of selling carrots.  Really, they sell themselves.  Everyone who tries these carrots never goes back to store carrots.  They just don't compare.  Even my mom's carrots aren't as good as Monica's...and she would agree with me if she heard me say it.  


That's all for now.  Check out the links below to see what we could find in our DD friends' gardens!

'Til next time...

No comments: