Thursday, June 14, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does In My Garden - Succulent Rock Garden

Hey there!  Since I don't actually have a garden, it was a bit challenging to come out with "In My Garden" ideas.  But I had just bought Cirque Colors Pebbles and thought it would make a good rock garden.  However, when I googled "rock gardens" I learned that they're not literally just piles of rocks.  There's usually lots of succulent plants in there as well...who knew?!  Luckily succulents are very popular these days so I had a stamping plate that was just perfect for it and I came up with my favourite mani of the week.  I hope you like it too!



My base started as 3 coats of Cirque Colors Pebbles but then to add a bit more to it, I added some Cirque Colors Hatch as well.  Then to make the rock-like start to it, I stamped with Whats Up Nail B010 with Hit The Bottle Looking For Mr. Grey.  


The succulent images were all from Bundle Monster BM-S326.  I did reverse stamping with Mundo de Unas Black and filled the images with Cirque Colors Central Park After Dark, OPI Thanks A Windmillion and I’m Sooo Swamped and Essence So What?.



I finished with mani with Glisten & Glow top coat.  I think that's why I liked it so much.  It looks so shiny though, honestly, a rocky garden should probably have ended with a matte top coat.  


Seeing this mani again makes me almost want to buy some succulent plants.  But, for real, I can't keep plants alive to save my life...even ones that you barely have to take care of.  I do dream of growing my own veggies one day but my lack of green thumb will probably ensure that never actually happens, haha!  Now feel free to check out what the rest of the ladies have done for their garden designs today in the links below.  I'm sure they're far more horticulturally-inclined than me.

'Til next time...

No comments: