Thursday, August 31, 2017

UberChic Beauty Collection 20 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  UberChic Beauty just released a bunch of new plates TODAY and I was lucky enough to get them early so I could share them right away!  I can't believe they're all the way up to Collection 20, the star of today's blog post.  There's 3 plates in this collection and I've done 2 manis with each plate.  Keep reading to see all the details (and to get a look at the plates)!


UberChic Beauty's plates are the larger style of plates, measuring 9.5 x 14.5 cm.  All three plates here have a fun combination of style: standard images (17 x 21 mm), smaller individual images, layered images, negative space and large buffet images!  UberChic also includes some zoomed in and zoomed out options and images in other orientations.  I've always liked the etching of their plates and these are no exception.  In fact they're a lot better than the original collections (and even those were good!).

20-01



I'm a negative space junkie so it's not shocking that that's my first mani here.  I used the negative space orchids over purple and yellow alcohol ink (on Madam Glam Cashmere Grey gel polish).  I stamped them with Messy Mansion Carbon and then added a bit of gold (FUN Lacquer Million Dollar Dream) to the centres.  



Here I used another negative space image with Messy Mansion Carbon, this one over Shimmer Polish Carol.  I haven't used a Shimmer Polish in ages.  It's fun to bust out the glitter bombs once in awhile!  


20-02



I absolutely love how this one turned out.  I wanted to use the "Life is too short for boring nails" image so I definitely had to make sure the base wasn't boring!  I used Girly Bits Sequins and Satin Pants polishes applied randomly for lots of rainbow-y sparkle and stamped that with Mundo de Unas Black.  But I wanted that negative space look so then I stamped again with the opposite image with Mundo de Unas White.  I was so happy that I managed to get the images lined up!  



For this one I did sort of the opposite of above.  I started with Tonic Polish Frozen Kingdom and then stamped the negative space flowers with Sally Hansen Pink Satin.  After that I did the regular version of the image with Messy Mansion Carbon and topped with HK Girl.  


20-03



For these I used a couple of the new Sally Hansen Crayola polishes, Denim and Cerulean, in a gradient.  Then I stamped with the White Crayola polish and added dots of Lightening to add a bit more pizzazz to it.  



For my final design, I used some rainbow nail foils (likely purchased from Born Pretty Store) and stamped with Born Pretty Silver stamping polish.  I finished with a water based top coat to keep the foil base from cracking.  


As I mentioned, this set was just released today but there are also 3 new seasonal plates for you to check out (I'm hoping to post those tomorrow) so hop on over to UberChic Beauty now to be one of the first to snatch them up.


$24.99/set
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...


No comments: