Monday, August 14, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Story Genres - Comics/Crime

Hey there!  It's time for a new Digit-al Dozen week.  I know there's a lot of nail polish fiends who also devour books so this week's theme should be a fun one.  We're doing Story Genres.  Sounds easy enough but I will admit I totally hit up the google machine to try to brainstorm some ideas for this one.  I'm starting with a genre that I'm not really a fan of but in a style that I do really like.  I have a Comics plate from MoYou London that I don't think I've ever really used before that looks like a crime story.  I don't read many crime books (though I do subscribe to the Sword and Scale podcast which I highly recommend for any true crime fans) but I do really like a pop culture/comic book nail look so that's what I have for you today.


I started by painting my nails different colors - KBShimmer Sky Jinks, My Life's Porpoise, Chilly Pepper and Chick Me Out.  



The MoYou London plate I used for this is Comics 03.  If you check it out it really does read like an old school crime story...old school because we no longer pretend that women are helpless and need heroes, right?


I used Mundo de Unas Black as the stamping polish and the advanced stamping technique with the same KBShimmer colors as above (plus Eyes White Open and OPI You're So Vanilla) to color in the images.  I finished with OPI matte top coat and was good to go!  


That's it for day one of Store Genres week.  I wonder what direction the rest of the group has gone with their manis.  We should be able to check them out in the links below!

'Til next time...

No comments: