Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - August 2017

Hey there!  It's a big birthday month over in the Digit-al Dozen!  Three of the ladies celebrated this month: Tammy of Canadian Nail Fanatic, Lothwen of Manis and Makeovers and  Sarah of 25 Sweetpeas and Tammy of Canadian Nail Fanatic.  So many birthdays!  They picked a tropical image to go with the winding down of summer.  I did my best to freehand it but I did NOT have the right colors, that's for sure.  So I guess mine is just loosely inspired by their photo.



Here's their inspiration photo.  Doesn't it make you want to head to a beach?  


I started with Madam Glam Forbidden Mini Skirt for my base.  Told you this was going to be used a lot for nail art!  


Then I went to town with a bunch of acrylic paints.  I didn't really have any teals like the original photo so I just used greens and a light orange.  I finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.  


As I was doing these I was in awe of people who do lots of freehand.  I used the tiniest brush I have but I still couldn't create any real detail.  I don't know how they do it!  



That's all for today.  Happy happy birthday ladies!  Be sure to swing by next month when it's the whole group's birthday!  

'Til next time...



No comments: