Friday, August 18, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Story Genres - Fantasy

Press  Sample

Hey there!  It's sadly time for the end of this week's Digit-al Dozen theme of Story Genres.  What have you thought of this week?  Are there any genres we all missed?  For my final look, I went with what is probably one of my favourite genres now - Fantasy.  I haven't always read fantasy books but they've slowly crept into my life and now make up most of my reading, especially if you count anything supernatural as fantasy.  What can I say?  I like my books with just a hint of the unreal.  I keep telling myself I'm going to re-read the Game of Thrones books but it's such a big task that they just sit around looking pretty.  There's no unicorns in Game of Thrones but maybe there should be, haha!



I did this mani with all Whats Up Nails products.  Their stencils and powders work so easily that these were really a breeze to do.  I'll link the products and prices of the products I used here.  

$3.75 USD
12 stencils (22 x 28 mm)

(previously reviewed here)
$38.75 USD
1 gram


I started with a black gel base (Madam Glam Perfect Black) and a no wipe top coat.  I applied the Thorns stencils with the Whats Up Nails Holographic Powder to create a bit of a medieval look.  But with rainbows.  We don't want to be getting too scary here so holo rainbows help!   

$3.75 USD
20 stencils (5 sizes so they should have a size for everyone)


Not only do I love that there's so many sizes of these unicorn stencils on a sheet but they also have both orientations.  That makes nail art so much easier!  Here I used a medium size of both orientations with a white polish and just added HK Girl top coat.  Actually first I tried a loose white glitter but that was a mess so I'm glad I took pics before I glittered them.  



I guess that brings us to the end of August's Digit-al Dozen theme.  By the time the next one rolls around it'll be fall *sad face*... So get your DD fix by reading all the other blogs that the girls have put together this week.  You can find today's instalments in the links below.

'Til next time...



No comments: