Tuesday, August 8, 2017

UberChic Beauty Collection 19 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Can you believe the lovely Brittany of UberChic Beauty has come out with 19 collections?!  Seems like just yesterday...  But here we are at #19 and I was overjoyed to be able to play with it.  As with her other collection, Collection 19 is a set of 3 plates with a wide variety of image styles.  There's layered images, negative space, florals, geometrics, text and buffet images!  She really packs a lot into her collections and this one is no exception.  I did two manis per plate but I barely scratched the surface of the possibilities.  Keep reading so you can see what I mean.

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

Collection 19's plate are the usual size for UberChic Beauty.  They measure 9.5 cm x 14.5 cm with a thin backing to prevent us from cutting ourselves.  I wish everything came with this.  I'm currently rocking a few cuts on my hands.  I have no idea what I cut myself on but acetone in them sure does hurt.  At least I know it wasn't my UberChic plates that cut me!  The full nail images on this plate measure 17 x 21 mm.  This collection has a fun mix of images.  There's a few images that come with the regular version AND the negative space version or with rotated versions.  There's also a few with a zoomed in and zoomed out version which I appreciate.  My little nails don't usually work with super close up images.

19-01


UberChic Beauty Collection 19

This is why I love negative space images!  How else could I wear fun glow in the dark smiley faces?  As soon as I saw this plate I knew this was going on my nails.  I used my three favourite GITD polishes (Serum No. 5 Day Glow, Glowin' of Eden and Blue Blazes) applied randomly and stamped with Mundo de Unas Black.  As a side note, I also wore Glowin' of Eden on my toes for most of my time at the lake and it really did help me walk down to the lake in the pitch black middle of the night.  I always knew where my feet were!  

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

Next up I used the layered ice cream cones from 19-01 over KBShimmer Eyes White Open.  I don't know if it was the terrible light in the cabin or what but I had problems lining up the cones with the ice cream so this one looks a bit jacked.  The etching was fine but I after I stamped the bones (with Mundo de Unas Caramel) I couldn't figure out the orientation for the ice cream (stamped with Mundo de Unas Pastel Pink, Pastel Blue and Lilac). 

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

19-02


UberChic Beauty Collection 19

For my first 19-02 mani I did some double stamping over Powder Perfect Bermuda.  I used a couple images from 19-02 that I thought could make a fun festival look using Mundo de Unas White and Bronze.  I got some gaps in my stamping but that just added to the look for me.  Again, this wasn't an etching issue.  

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

I love some good swirls stamping, especially with some flowers mixed in.  I really liked this image so I didn't do anything fancy with it.  I wanted to show it as is.  This is Fair Maiden Toronto Sunrise (one of the Indie Expo Canada polishes) stamped with Born Pretty Silver and topped with HK Girl top coat.  

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

19-03


UberChic Beauty Collection 19

This 19-03 look ended up reminding of the wonderful (and hilarious) @clairestelle8.  She does great gradients with lots of holo.  I used Sinful Colors Wonder Mint, Tempest and Pink Forever in a gradient over Snow Me White and then stamped with black and Hit The Bottle Holo There Beautiful.    

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

My final mani today is another simple one.  I'd been itching to use Hit The Bottle Pinking of Blue so I stamped the large buffet-style image over black here.  Look how great those fine lines stamp!  This was finished with HK Girl top coat.  

UberChic Beauty Collection 19

That's all for today.  Thanks for stopping by while I play catch up this week. If you'd like this UberChic collection (or any of her other awesome products - seriously, I'm such a fan!), you can find them at the links below.   

$24.99 USD/set
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...



No comments: