Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Celestial Cosmetics & Color4Nails Holographic Stamping Polish Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  It's been over a week since I got a blog post up...miss me?  I thought I could blog from my vacation but after spending $200 in data charges to just get a couple posts up, I pretty much gave up.  But I'm back home now and, most importantly, back to my little corner of the internet.  I decided to get back at it by bringing you some swatches I did on my vacation....which means I could catch the Celestial Cosmetics + Color4Nails' new stamping polishes with all their holographic sparkle!  Check them out!  These were released a couple weeks ago on Color4Nails but I just checked and they're all still available.  Woohoo!

Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish

This new line of holographic stamping polishes is chock full of holographic pigment that stamped beautifully over over white and black.  All the stamping was done with the Fab Ur Nails FUN24 plate with the Big Bling Clear Jelly Stamper (yes, they work with clear stampers!) and topped with HK Girl top coat.  Over white, the color is far more dominant but over black, that holo REALLY pops!  You can still see the base color when stamped over black but the color does get a bit lost.  I also swatched the polishes at 2 coats alone and found they can definitely be worn as a full manicure.  Some were a tad streaky but light brush pressure eliminated that problem.  Finally, onto the photos!  



Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Azure
Azure photographed in light box
Azure is a light blue holographic stamping polish.  I actually grew up with a girl named Azure so I've always known that the word describes a sky blue color and that's right on the ball here.  It's color is the most clear over black which is maybe why it's one of the thicker polishes.  Lots of pigment in there!

Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Azure
Azure photographed in natural sunlight

Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Blush
Blush photographed in light box
Blush is a light pink holographic stamping polish.  The baby pink color is very clear over white but is more muted over black.  But look how sparkly it is over black in the sunlight!  Blush was the second one that was a bit brushstroke-y as a regular polish.

Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Blush
Blush photographed in natural sunlight


Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Orchid
Orchid photographed in light box
Orchid is a dark purple holographic stamping polish that looks great over both white and black and on its own.  It swatched very smoothly and it's so sparkly!  

Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Orchid
Orchid photographed in natural sunlight

Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Poppy
Poppy photographed in light box

Poppy is the red holographic stamping polish in this line.  It looks more like a bright pink over white but on its own and over black it is quite red, though it does look some color over black.  But I'm a sucker for a red holographic polish so I love this one!  

Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Poppy
Poppy photographed in natural sunlight

Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Zinnia
Zinnia photographed in light box
 Zinnia is a yellow holographic stamping polish.  I noted that I saw this more as a peridot color since it's a bit green-leaning.  It is the lightest of the collection but two coats was still good coverage on the swatch nails though maybe they couldn't used a third coat.  The yellow is pretty light over white but I like the golden holographic look it has over black.

Color4Nails + Celestial Cosmetics Holographic Stamping Polish - Zinnia
Zinnia photographed in direct sunlight 
If you don't have any holographic polishes that will keep their color when used for stamping, I'd definitely recommend these, especially since they can be used not just for stamping but also as regular polish...and they're 5-free!  The Color4Nails website also says they work for water marbling but since marbling and I aren't exactly friendly, I didn't try that out myself.  I love how vibrant Azure is over black and I love red holos so Azure and Poppy definitely make the top of my list.

$8 USD/polish
Available at Color4Nails

'Til next time...


No comments: