Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Rainforest - Lizard Nails

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today's Digit-al Dozen Rainforest-themed mani is easily my favourite one this week.  And I did these soooooo long ago and have just been waiting to share them for this theme.  I've been reviewing Whats Up Nails products lately and included in my first package of items were these adorable lizard stencils.  Having just watched Planet Earth, I knew that there were some darn cute lizards hanging out in the rainforest and and figured they could go along great with this month's theme.  And I used a couple of Magic Shifting Powders to make them into magical lizards!



Lizard Stencils
$3.75 USD

These sheets have 20 lizard stencils on them and, one of my favourite things about Whats Up Nails stencils is that they come in a range of 5 sizes from 8 x 11 mm to 12 x 16 mm.  I used 4 different sizes here if you include the largest one on my thumb.  I also love that they separate so easily.  They really are a dream to work with.  


But before I got to the stencils, first I stamped with Madam Glam Perfect Black (reviewed here) with Mundo de Unas Green and Whats Up Nails B018 (reviewed here).  I thought that would make a good tropical background for the cute critters. 


I topped that with a no wipe top coat so I could use the Magic Shifting Powder in Sunset and Paradise as the lizard color over the stencils.  So they're kind of a weird hybrid of a chameleon and a salamander.  I wonder if that could happen in real life....the geneticist in me tells me no...  I wish I would've blended the two powders a bit more but I was just so thrilled that I could use them over stencils AND cover the stamping underneath that I wasn't too picky about the blending. 


I really hate to toot my own horn but aren't these fun?  I guess I can't really take the credit though. It's the mix of magic powders and cute stencils that make these.  So I'm really tooting Whats Up Nails horn.  Good job to them!  


If you're interested in these or any other Whats Up Nails products, they can be found here.  So far I've been thrilled with the products I've used.  They definitely sell quality products.  

Available at What's Up Nails

And, finally, you can find more Digit-al Dozen Rainforest manis in the links below.  The girls have been killing it this week.  They've done so many amazing freehand rainforest designs.  I've been honestly awed by them throughout this entire week so far.  

'Til next time...



No comments: