Monday, May 29, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - May 2017

Hey there!  I know I'm late with today's post but better late than never, right?  I just didn't have words in me today.  BUT since May was Cheyenne's birthday month, I certainly couldn't let the day go by without getting my May birthday mani up.  My freehand attempt to recreate the glowing flower picture she chose as inspiration didn't really live up to expectations but hopefully she'll understand.

  

Here's Cheyenne's inspiration photo.  It is so damn cool but so hard to copy!


I searched for some stamping plates that would works for these glowing flowers but couldn't find any.  So my genius brain figured I could freehand it.  I couldn't.  But it did give me something to do after a day in the sun on the May long weekend. 


I used a black base (Essence Black Is Back) and then I added the flowers with white acrylic paint.  


I then painted over the white flowers and the insides with neon acrylic paint.  I was hoping that sheer part in the center of the petals would make it look glow-y but it didn't.  But since that's what I was stuck with, I added a coat of HK Girl top coat and was done my 2017 May birthday mani.  


Phew I finished with less than 30 minutes left in today...at least in my end of the woods.  Happy birthday Cheyenne.  I hope this year is your best year yet!

'Til next time...



No comments: