Tuesday, May 2, 2017

UberChic Beauty Collection 16 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  As I promised last week, today I have my review of UberChic Beauty's Collection 16.  As always, I have nothing but good things to say about this set of 3 new plates.  Brittany has once again come up with a creative, eclectic collection.  There's florals, negative space, layered, geometric images and more.  Over the last week or so, I've done 6 looks with this collection that I'm sharing today.  Hope you like them!


I truly had no issues with any of the images I used in this collection.  I used a few different brands for stamping polish and a couple different stampers and everything worked.  That's a sure sign of a good stamping plate!  I did find I was most drawn to the florals in this collection - probably because UberChic always has lovely florals.  As for the specs, the plates measure 9.5 x 14.5 cm with 17 x 21 mm images.  But there are also a few other sizes.  There's smaller images and text but also large buffet-style images.  

16-01



Last week when I shared the KBShimmer Nauti By Nature collection, I said I was itching to wear Saved By The Shell again and I wasn't lying.  I did this mani that night and wore it the next day.  I paired it with stamping with Mundo de Unas Bronze.  It was so pretty - and very work appropriate.  

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

For my second mani I used the double image on this plate.  I think of them as twisty chevrons.  The image is super cool but I don't think my mani really does it justice though.  Nevertheless, for them I used some opaque flakies from Born Pretty Store (Item 39389) over A England Jane Eyre and stamped with Mundo de Unas White.    

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

16-02


To try out 16-02, I used a foil base over Trust Fund Beauty I Can't Even.  I forget how much I like foils.  I ordered a few more after doing these - which I'll also probably forget about but I hope not.  I have NO idea where I bought these ones but the little jar says "Oil Slick" which might help you find them.  I stamped the fine lined floral image with Mundo de Unas Black.

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

My second 16-02 mani is less flashy but still cool.  I started with Illyrian Polish Unearthly Whisper (previously reviewed here).   Over that I stamped the plaid with Mundo de Unas White and then the flowers with Joy.  For the flower centers, I used Cult Nails New Day and a dotting tool.  That was all topped with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.  

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

16-03


I think 16-03 is my favourite of the three plates in this collection.  There's so much variety!  For my first mani I did a gradient of China Glaze Sun of a Peach and Red-y To Rave and stamped with Rica Polish Mellow Yellow.  I wish my camera would photograph neons.  This was so bright and sunny in real life.  

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

And for my final mani I used some Hit The Bottle holographic stamping polishes over black (previously reviewed here).  I was immediately drawn to the image I used with the green (Lucky Spark).  It could frame any small image on your nail.  Since I was sticking with images off this plate, I used the flower and stamped with Under The Strobe-berry Lights and layered it with the outline using Moonshine.  The final photo shows how sparkly it was under direct light.

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

UberChic Beauty Collection 16

If you are interested in this set of plates, it is already available on the UberChic Beauty website.  All the details can be found here:

$24.99/set
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...

No comments: