Thursday, January 26, 2017

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Winter #2

Hey there!  Today I have my second winter-themed post for the Nail Challenge Collaborative group.  I needed a little break from snowflakes so I wasn't sure what to do for this one.  But I had bought the Lina Nail Art Supplies Winter stamping plate and figured this would be the perfect excuse to use it.  I'm really loving the images that Lina is coming up with.  At first I had received three plates to review but since then I've bought a ton more myself.  If you're into stamping and haven't checked out her plates, seriously go give them a look here.  The Make Your Mark series is my favourite so far but they're all nice.  



For these, I used one of KBShimmer's polishes from this winter, Yeti Or Not, as my base.  It's a glitter-y white that is so much like snow.  It's not quite pure white, more of a dirty white so I guess it's more like snow if you live in a city like me, haha! 



All the stamping images are from Lina Nail Art Supplies Winter 01, stamped with Mundo de Unas Military Green.  For the pine cones, I did some advanced stamping by filling the image with Hit The Bottle Everyday I'm Truffling on the stamper and then applying that to my nail.  Some parts didn't transfer onto my nail perfect so I had to play around a bit.  I love the advanced stamping technique for the lack of bubbles (I get bubble city when I make decals) but I'm still working out getting the actual transfer to work sometimes.  



Now, I'm not sure  how the links below will work seeing as how we're posting more than one mani with the same theme in this group but I bet there's loads of winter nail arts down there for you to see.

'Til next time...




No comments: