Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Nail Challenge Collaborative - Winter

Hey there!  With a new year comes a new nail art challenge for me.  The Nail Challenge Collaborative is a group of nail art enthusiasts who post 2-4 manis per month with the same theme.  The always amazing Cheyenne of CDB Nails added me last month but I wasn't able to start participating until now. There's no specific timeline so you can expect me to post mine pretty randomly...just whenever I have time.  I love things that work on my schedule!  For January the theme is Winter.  My first design is stamping of a couple of adorable animals that are associated with colder weather and January is certainly cold around my parts!



To start, I used a couple of old KBShimmer polishes - I'd Rather Be With Blue and I Only Have Ice For You from way back in 2013.  


The animal images are both from Bundle Monster BM-S156 stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and filled with Zoya Arizona, KBShimmer Chilly Pepper, Eyes White Open and Eclipse.  


On my other nails, I tried to match the animals' background patterns.  For the triangles I used Lina Nail Art Supplies Feeling Shapely 07 and for the circles I used UberChic Beauty 11-02.  


I just realized this is my second Bundle Monster/KBShimmer-heavy post in a row.  What can I say?  I stick with what I like!  I just wish I hadn't streaked everything with top coat.  I guess I was being impatient but didn't realize until after I looked at the photos.  Not that it matters since I definitely would've been too lazy to re-do it anyway!  

You can find the rest of the Winter designs from The Nail Challenge Collaborative down below.  I've seen a couple so far and they're lovely!  I think I'll like this group :-)

'Til next time...


No comments: