Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Bundle Monster Galaxy Stamping

Hey there!  Welcome to 2017!  I've already broken pretty much any New Years resolutions I made (more about that on Friday)...how about you?  Luckily I accepted long ago that resolutions can be started back up any time so hopefully I can still change for the better a bit this year.  By the end of 2016 I had made it through my review pile (though I do still have one review to write up) so I've actually been able to do some nail art that isn't for a review or a group theme.  Since it was all for me, I did a galaxy mani.  I'm super drawn to the night sky so space nails are not uncommon in my parts.  I'm pretty sure galaxy nails were one of the first things that got me into nail art years ago and I just keep doing them again and again...



For today's version of a galaxy design, I started with Cult Nails Time Traveller (discontinued but see if you can pick it up somewhere...it's an awesome dark blue creme).  I sponged on some KBShimmer Eyes White Open, Sky Jinks, Grin and Gerbera It and A Walk In The Park-a to create a bit of dimension.


Then I stamped with Mundo de Unas White and Bundle Monster BM-XL213, the collaboration plate with Kelli Marissa.  This is easily one of my favourite plates of the last year.  I've already used it a couple times (including one for next week's Digit-al Dozen week so you'll be seeing it in these parts again soon) so I think I've already gotten my money's worth out of it.  And I'm sure I'll use it again and again.


The only bad thing here is that I still haven't learned my lesson about always top coating before I stamp.  I didn't here and some of the color bled through the white.  I don't know what it is about purples in particular that do this but this isn't the first time this has happened.  In fact I very distinctly remember another star mani I did with a different Bundle Monster collaboration plate that did the same thing.  One day I'll learn....maybe...

'Til next time...


No comments: