Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Decades - The 50's

Hey there!  It's the third day of The Digit-al Dozen's Decades week and I've got another mani inspired by a time before I was born.  Today I'm doing The 50's...or what pop culture tells me they were like, anyway.  From what I've been told it was nothing but diners and sock hops...I'm sure that's 100% accurate of the entire decade!  Whether or not that's true, that's what I used as my inspiration for today's design.



When I was hitting up the internet for 50's inspiration, I came across Shelly's take on the decade the last time the group did this theme.  I loved hers so I pretty much stole her idea...I hope you don't mind Shelly!


To start, I used a pink (Picture Polish Candy) and white (Pure Ice Superstar)! base.   


All the stamping was done with Mundo de Unas Black (some regular and some advanced stamping). The checkerboard pattern is from MASH-38, the records from Bundle Monster BM-601 (filled with MDU White and Light Grey) and the poodle from UberChic Beauty Paris In Love.  I had to paint on a leash and collar myself...that could've gone terribly wrong but I think I did okay.  The final product was topped off with HK Girl top coat.  


So far there's been a couple of adorable 50's-inspired nails done by my DD friends so I'm adding mine to the collection.  Theirs are awesome so if you missed them, hunt them down in the links at the end of any of our blogs over the last couple of days.  

'Til next time..




No comments: