Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - January 2017

Hey there!  January brought us the birthday of one of my long-time nail idols, the amazing Sassy Shelly.  As is The Digit-al Dozen's new tradition, the birthday girl (or girls) pick our inspiration for out birthday mani and Shelly did us good by picking a gorgeous colourful galaxy picture.  I really didn't do the picture justice.  Keep reading to see the inspiration photo and to see the whole giant list of polishes I used to do this.


Here's the picture Shelly chose.  Seriously, isn't it beautiful?!  


I wanted to start with a base of Shelly's very own Picture Polish shade, Badass.  The description on the Picture Polish website even says "as dark and complex as the farthest reaches of space" so it's as though it was destined to be a galaxy mani base.  


Then I sponged on a bit of white and a whole bunch of Picture Polish shades - Bardot, Spring, Bridget, Escapades, Enchanting,Calm, Salt Water, Cosmos, Shy Violet and Allure.  And then, as if I hadn't gotten enough Picture Polish in, I added Holiday, a flakie/holo topper.  I think I should've skipped the topper but it was too late.  


And finally I stamped with a scattered star image from Lily Anna 01 and added a few more white and a few coloured stars.  


That's all for today.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.  And, Shelly, I hope you had a fantastic birthday month!!

'Til next time...



No comments: