Monday, January 23, 2017

UberChic Beauty Love & Marriage 03 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Happy Monday friends!  My day started with me realizing I had an important work-related report due today that I hadn't started...holy stress!  I thought I would work on it all week but instead I banged the whole thing out in a day.  And I even have enough minutes at the end of my day to put together a quick blog post showing off the new UberChic Beauty Love & Marriage 03 stamping plate.  Obviously this plate is perfect with Valentine's Day coming up but this plate can easily be used year round.  Keep reading to see more about the plate (and why it's not just a V-Day plate).


Love & Marriage 03 follows with the usual specifications about UberChic Beauty's plates apply - they're are 9.5 x 14.5 cm plates with 17 x 21 mm full nail images.  There's a few layered images and a couple negative space images (which I love Brittany for always including).  There seems to be a few more marriage-specific images than on the last Love & Marriage plate...maybe one day I'll get to use one of those, haha!  As seems to be tradition, there's a lovely large lace image.  The lace images on the Love & Marriage plates are always the first ones I look at when I want lace.  


My first mani was inspired by a stencilled heart design that Chalkboard Nails did a few years ago.  I started a gradient of OPI Good Grief!, That's Berry Daring and Rich Girl & Po-Boys on my two accent nails (and solid color on my other nails).  I then did advanced stamping with Mundo de Unas Black and then colouring between the hearts with OPI My Vampire Is Buff.  I think colouring in the in-between area was harder than colouring in the hearts would've been hence I only did a couple nails like this.  I then transferred that over the gradient and voila!  I love how this turned out (and it reminded me even more of why I like negative space).  Apparently now what I want is a negative space image AND an outline image so I can also have the objects outlined like here.  



My second mani was much more simple.  I started with a base of Cirque Colors Astra and then double stamped the X's and O's with Mundo de Unas Black and then White.  I added the lip print with Red and topped with OPI's matte top coat and was good to go.  This lip image is large but you definitely don't have to use the whole thing if you have smaller nails.  Just using a part of it like I did works really well.  



So if you're in need of a feminine, love-filled stamping plate, I'd highly suggest this one.  Like I mentioned, my favourite thing about UberChic Beauty's Love & Marriage series of plates is that they're not remotely limited to Valentine's Day.  I have honestly pulled these plates out year round since hearts, flowers and lace nail art definitely shouldn't be limited to February only.

$14.99/plate
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...



No comments: