Friday, January 20, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Red and Pink

Hey there!  This week's Crumpet's Nail Tart's theme is Red and Pink.  I wasn't quite ready for Valentine's Day nails when I did these but I really struggled to think of something that wasn't pure V-Day, especially since I'm pretty prone to do hearts and flowers manis.  I thought by using a black base I could avoid any seasonal feel but, nope, I think all red and pink nails will always look like Valentine's Day, no matter what.



To do these I started with a black base of A England Camelot.  Then I used the Bubble Snail Vinyls for the circle pattern.


Since I was trying to use color over a black base, I first sponged on a white polish to create a light base for the pink and red.  Then I quickly gradiented OPI Got the Blues for Red, She’s a Bad Muffuletta and Mod About You.  


Unfortunately too much of the white showed through the dark red spots so I used a dotter and applied more Got The Blues For Red.  I wish I hadn't since it's so dark you can barely see the dots now and it completely killed the gradient effect.  Now I know better for next time...


You can check out everyone else's red/pink combos in the links below.  I think it's officially the season for lots of love-filled manis!

'Til next time...



No comments: