Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - February 2017

Hey there!  Today's title is pretty much a big fat lie.  Usually at the end of the month, any of us from The Digit-al Dozen that have the time try to do a mani inspired by a photo chosen by the birthday girl(s) that month.  However it turns out that nobody has a February birthday so this month Amanda picked an adorable photo...but one that I had no idea how to tackle.  I didn't have much time so I was going to skip this month but then I wore a pink polish and thought maybe I could fake my way through it with some stamping.  Here's what I came up with.



First, I wanted to share a swatch of Vapid Lacquer's Hard Candy.  I was mistakenly sent this polish when I had ordered the Hard Candy scent of Nail Sauce but Krys was super nice...she sent me the nail sauce (which I received yesterday) and let me keep the polish so I used it for these.  Vapid Lacquer is having a restock tonight which I'll definitely be hitting up.  I don't know if Hard Candy will be in stock but there's lots of other pretties that will be there.  Personally I'm getting pretty addicted to her nail and body care goods so that's mainly what I'll be looking for.  


Here is the full photo that Amanda posted as inspiration.  Cute bunnies with skulls and crossbones....I don't know how she found this.  


Since I didn't want to attempt to freehand this, I scoured my stamping plate collection and found some images that fit with this general idea.  I'm pretty proud that I managed to find images that sort of worked and even turned some into layered images when I don't think they were meant to be.   


The bunnies are stamped from Born Pretty BPL-025.  I'm sure that that plate was released before clear stampers were popular so I love that I could use two images layered anyway.  Everything else is a mix of UberChic Beauty 12-03, Love & Marriage 03 and Halloween 02.  If you look at the plates you can see that I really mixed and matched (like trying to use from hearts from the Love & Marriage plate as eyes from the Halloween plate).  Some of the layers don't match up perfectly but that's okay, right?


For stamping polishes I used Mundo de Unas White, Black, Bubble Gum and Tutti.  Everything was finished with Vapid Lacquer top coat.  


That's all for today.  Down below you can find anybody else who tackled this inspiration.  So far I have seen that Cheyenne and Amanda have rocked it freehand.  Kudos to them!  

'Til next time...









No comments: