Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Black - Black Valentine's Day Nails

Hey there!  Happy Valentine's Day to all your lovely folks out there!  Since Valentine's Day falls in the middle of the Digit-al Dozen week, most of us have seemed to find some way to combine our Black theme with the holiday.  I did some heart nail vinyls for my Black V-Day mani.  I actually tried the same vinyls with a matte/shiny look first but that failed so instead I tried it with a couple different finishes.



I started these with a black holo base with Delush Polish Warden of Darkness (previously reviewed here).  I was happy the the holo contrasted enough with the creme that you can actually see the pattern. 


The heart vinyls that I used are from Twinkled T.  I bought these specifically for this Black week.  Thank goodness there are extras since I ended up having to use them for two manis after the matte/shiny look didn't work out.  


The black creme I used is Mrs. P's Potions Obsidian (previously reviewed here).  When using vinyls, using a super pigmented creme makes it much easier.  Then you don't have to worry about painting over them a bunch to have your design visible.  To finish I used a couple of coats of HK Girl and everything was completely smoothed out.  


If you'd like to see how everyone else is celebrating their Black Valentine's Day, feel free to swing by their blogs in the links below.  

'Til next time...


No comments: