Friday, February 3, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Black and White Valentine's

Hey there!  So I usually try to have my nails done for nail art challenges WAY ahead of time.  Seriously, sometimes I'm doing my nails for a theme two months down the road.  I really don't like feeling rushed.  This week's prompt for the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 26 Great Nail Art Ideas was no different.  I did a black and white valentine's design ages ago.  But I recently bought the Lina Nail Art Supplies All About Love stamping plate and I was looking at it yesterday and decided I needed to use this image ASAP so I did a new mani last night and quickly cropped my photos (that's usually my limiting factor when blogging...I detest going through my pictures).  So this is what I'm currently rocking today...at least on my left hand.  I tried a different image on the black nails on my right hand but I liked these hearts too much so I went matchy-matchy.  



This is obviously a really simple mani.  I used two coats of Rica Whiteout and Blackout as my base and stamped them with the finely lined hearts from Lina Nail Art Supplies All About Love 01 and finished with a matte top coat.  


The only complicated thing about it was finding a combination that would actually work for this image.  It's REALLY fine so it didn't surprise me that it was finicky.  I wouldn't really work with my clear stampers so I reverted to my old trusty silicone stamper with Mundo de Unas black and white stamping polishes.  These Rica polishes also stamp really well but just not with this image.  


If you want to see a whole lot of romantic black and white designs from the other ladies in the group, feel free to swing by their blogs in the links below.  

'Til next time...

No comments: