Thursday, December 6, 2018

Whats Up Nails Holiday/Winter Stamping Plates

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Along with my last Whats Up Nails package, they were kind enough to send me a few of the Winter/Holiday stamping plates for me to test out...and a few more products that I've combined with my stamping manis.  Whats Up Nails never ceases to amaze me with the quality of the products they provide to us nail addicts.  The stamping plates' etching has always been amongst the best (and considering I have over 1000 stamping plates, that's saying something).  But they are certainly more than stamping as you'll see if you keep reading past the jump...


$11.75 USD/each or $42 USD/set


The first thing I want to mention are these incredible mermaid brushes.  Seriously, how pretty are they?  As soon as I got them I texted a picture to one of my best friends (who also happens to like nail polish) asking if I was a giant child for loving them so much.  Luckily she agreed with me that it's okay for 40 year olds to like pretty mermaid things.  They come in four flavours, a curved and an angled clean up brush, a detail brush and a striper.  I tested them all out here and they are wonderful.

Now onto the stamping plates.  They sent me 3 winter/holiday-themed plates.  I believe one is older and two are brand new this year.  As always, the etching was great and the images were fun.  There's definitely a few more I'd like to use before Christmas this year.  

6 x 12 cm plate (15 x 21 mm images)
$7.75 USD



Products Used
Masura Blue Stars (magnetic)
Whats Up Nails B022 stamping plate
Mundo de Unas Black, Forest and White stamping polish
Vibrant Vinyls top coat



Products Used
Tonic Polish #chibound
Whats Up Nails B022 stamping plate
Hit The Bottle Chromeo stamping polish
Mermaid Striping Brush
Vibrant Vinyls top coat



1 gram
$7.75 USD


This is a loose glitter but not in a uniform shape, hence it's named "shattered" glitter.  I applied is here over a clear coat of polish by just tapping it on with my fingers.  I did use a cuticle protector for easier clean up.  It laid down nice and flat so just one coat of top coat was all it took to smooth it out so I could use it as a base for the next mani.  

6 x 12 cm plate (15 x 21 mm images)
$7.75 USD




Products Used
Whats Up Nails Shattered Holo Silver Glitter
Whats Up Nails B034 stamping plate
Mundo de Unas Black stamping polish
Leadlighting with Essie Silk Watercolors (Point of Blue, No Shrinking Violet, Muse Myself, Art New-Beau and Pen & Inky and Highest Bidder)
Vibrant Vinyls top coat




Products Used
Rica Polish Pinky Promise, Sugar Plum Wings and Aint' It Peachy (gradient base)
Whats Up Nails B034 stamping plate
Mundo de Unas Black stamping polish
Rica Polish Robin's Egg Blue, Mellow Yellow, Summer Mint and Whiteout (reverse stamping)
Vibrant Vinyls top coat


6 x 12 cm plate (15 x 21 mm images)
$7.75 USD



Products Used
Emily de Molly Sea of Lies
Whats Up Nails B035 stamping plate
Mundo de Unas Bikini, Black and White stamping polish
Whats Up Nails Mermaid Detail Brush (to fill those adorable polar bears for reverse stamping)
Glisten & Glow matte top coat




Products Used
Moonflower Polish Sweet Dreams
Whats Up Nails B035 stamping plate
Mundo de Unas Black and White stamping polish
Vibrant Vinyls top coat


I hope you enjoyed the looks I came up with these products from Whats Up Nails.  They've compiled all of their Winter/Holiday products, including plates, stencils, polishes, water decals and more all into one easy section on their website.  You can find that here if you're interested.  Or, if you're not in a holiday mood, their entire selection of products can be found on their website, linked below.

Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: