Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Holo - Rainbow Mermaid Nails

Press  Sample

Hey there!  For Day 2 of The Digit-al Dozen's week of Holo, I decided to step away from the holiday nails for a second and do some nails that were inspired by What's Up Nails Mermaid Brushes that I talked about last week.  Originally I had done some holo stamping decals but when I got these brushes I thought they were so pretty that I wanted to do a design inspired by them.  So the decals can wait until later to blog about.  Instead, I have holo rainbow mermaid nails to share, that are way cooler!



I know I already showed them last week but here's a photo reminder of how gorgeous these brushes are.  They're available as a round brush (which is what I used for the clean up of today's gradient), an angular brush, a detail brush and a liner brush for $11.75 USD each, or as a bundle of all 4 for $42 USD.  


Other than just being great brushes in general (I've been using them for lots of clean up and detail work lately), I can't get over the detail in them.  I love how the scales give some texture for easier holding.  And they're rainbow!  


As for my actual nail design, I started by doing a gradient of Color Club Miss Bliss, Eternal Beauty, Over The Moon and Kismet over Harp On It.  It was pretty lovely.  


Even with the detail brush, I knew I wouldn't be able to paint on perfect mermaid scales so I used a stamping plate instead.  I used UberChic Beauty Mermaid Life with some gradient stamping of Mundo de Unas Orchid, Fantasy, Sky Blue, Spring Green and finished with Vibrant Vinyls top coat.  




I hope you like my entirely unseasonal mermaid nails.  But really, is there ever a bad time for mermaid nails?!  If you have a moment, please check out what the rest of the ladies have done for us in the links below.  

'Til next time...


No comments: